Saturday 21 September 2013

Whims In An Icebox

I stumbled upon this name in one of the more wandering parts of my mind, and it just sounded right to me. Most of my thoughts are random, but each one is sure to lead to another, and thus form a long chain.

I have always preferred expressing my thoughts in the written form, not so I can erase and rewrite - in fact, I just write things down as they come into my head - but because it helps open my mind up.
This blog is meant to array my thoughts together, compress them into an icebox, you can say, and thus the title of the blog. And I mean not just any thoughts, but my reflections on the books I have read and inferred lasting impressions from.
In a way, my constant childhood companions have been books. Not that I don't have any friends, in fact, I think I have more than my fair share of them. But whenever I wanted a distraction, books were ready at hand. I have always been able to lose myself in a different world easily. For a short while, all my problems would seem distant, as though echoes from a distant past. I would be transported into a new world, where everything was different, and novel.

I have, from a very young age, found the urge in me to write like all the great authors in the world, to hold the entire world captive in my imaginations, and to decide what happens to each character of my story. But every writer makes a start somewhere small. This is my attempt to begin writing earnestly, and on the same time, put down in words my many thoughts on the many books of this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment